Sunday, August 1, 2010

On a Roll with the Art Journals!!

I think all the rain outside has forced me to find respite in the art cave! Yesterday I spent most of the day coloring in doodles in my Moleskine journal, Making larger Blind Draws, and reworking some old journal stuff. I wish all rainy days could be like this!

(above)

I did a slightly larger blind draw face and decided it had to be Marie Antoinette! Then I made up a background and tried to find a quote which I liked well enough & was fitting for the image. I chose this quote because I believe Marie Antoinette knew how to live life to the fullest and that is something I try to remind myself to do more often than not.

(above left) ~ "Sister Suzy Cyclops" and the "Jock Zombie"
These were recreations of blind draws I did, only a bit larger. And some other random doodles that I colored in.
(above right) ~ "Heart With Wings"
I was just playing around with the pastels to see how well they would work on the Moleskine paper. I put a layer of thin gesso on first, then colored the rest with pastels. Sprayed often with workable fixative, and finally a spray coat of Krylon Crystal Clear Acrylic Coating.
(above)
These are some doodles that I did on the airplane on my way home back from the Oregon Live Art Gathering in Hood River, OR. I finally got around to coloring them all in. I used Lyra Aqua Crayons, Prisma colored pencils, and a little B&W gel pens.

(above)
I didn't like what I had on this page before, so I coated it with gesso and reworked the colors with pastels. I actually like all the textured layers underneath now. I slapped on a Mermaid postcard I did sometime ago, and added a few other collage images around the edges for a fun underwater scene. The quote at the bottom of the page reads, "Dreams are illustrations... from the book your soul is writing about you. ~ Marsha Norman.

No comments:

Post a Comment