Sunday, February 7, 2010

Pretty Bird - A Collaboration Piece





My dearest daughter, who is only 6 years old mind you, was playing around with some of the cut out pieces from magazines and images I had left over from a recent Collage-A-Thon (CAT) at atcsforall.com when she made this woman and bird. I was in the process of cleaning up my art table when I looked over at what she created and was in AAWWWW!! I quickly said, "DON'T MOVE IT!!"

I grabbed a piece of cream colored cardstock and inked it with two different colors of distressed inks. She added a red inked 'swirly heart stamp' from inkadinkado to add to the upper left corner. I glued everything in place for her. She picked out the gellies circles [I'm sure there is a proper name for the circle things but I don't know what it is] Lastly, we inked the border and I drew the thin black line around the inner border and outlined in black the butterfly pendent body of the woman. I also used white and yellow gel pens to outline the bird sitting on her shoulder.
The best part is, this entire collaboration between my daughter and I took all of maybe 10 minutes - TOPS!!! Even her daddy was impressed.

BTW - while I was glueing this lady on the card for her, she already collaged 2 other pieces! That's my GIRL!!!

This is also my first card for 'Project 365' at Naked Heart Art.

No comments:

Post a Comment