Monday, February 8, 2010

Two Heads Are Better Than One


In this case, I would have to agree that two heads are better than one! Here is another of my daughters compositions she put together with my on hand supplies. I had planned on using the frame and the faces in two completely different works of art, but when I saw what she was doing with them - I had to go along with it!!
What I love most about this piece is that the frame is thick, therefore, raising it up off the background. Then the faces are sort of just floating on the edges of the frame, which gives it a really cool 3D effect. The scan doesn't do this ATC [artist trading card] justice as far as illustrating the dimension to the piece.

The only parts I helped with was the glueing and the inking around the edges. The composition is all my daughter. Did I mention she is only 6 years old!?! That's my girl!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment